Diatomaceous earth (DE) is a powerful, inexpensive solution to most of your health issues. It’s probably the simplest and most straightforward health product out there on the market. It can be used as a beauty product, an internal cleanser, or a deep revitalizer for the whole human body.
There it is—a bit of diatomaceous earth resting at the bottom of my water glass. It might not taste delicious, but its ability to cleanse my body and fill it with sought-after nutrients more than makes up for it.
Where Does DE Come From?
Diatomaceous earth is the waste product of unicellular algae. Over a 30 million year period, it has taken the form of white sedimentary rock that is typically harvested from the bottom of oceans, lakes, and rivers around the globe. After it is harvested and dried, DE is a fine, white dust.
What Is Diatomaceous Earth Predominantly Used for and Known for at the Present Time?
The usefulness of diatomaceous earth ranges from an internal one (as a natural medicine or supplement), to a solution you can apply in-and-around the house in order to protect yourself from unwanted vermin. DE, amazingly, can also be made into a beauty product with its special and unique properties highly effective against “aesthetic defects” which tend to appear as Father Time catches up with all of us. Here’s a quick list to showcase its numerous benefits:
- Osteoporosis: As silica helps with the absorption of calcium, taking a silica supplement along with a calcium supplement can effectively offset chronic illnesses like osteoporosis, which are due to chronically depleted calcium stores.
- Detoxifying the body
- Losing weight
- Revitalizing the skin
- Promoting hair growth
- As a cough decreasing agent
- Fighting kidney stones and healing infections of the urinary tract
- Reducing inflammation in the intestines and stomach
- Protecting vital lung tissue from pollution and restoring its elasticity
- Normalizing hemorrhoidal tissue
- Preventing side-effects of menopause like stress
- Eliminating bacteria and parasites
Such a powerful force of action begs the question: how can a product do so much without it hurting the organism?
Diatomaceous Earth Is Completely Safe
For example, DE makes your body bug-free, not with a chemical but by physical action. The hundreds of particles that attack the insect are so small, so microscopic, they cause no harm whatsoever to people or pets. So it’s completely safe to ingest orally, as long as it’s food grade! It can also be an ingredient in natural toothpastes such as this one :
How to Use Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade)
#1: Internal Use
- First week: 1 teaspoon of DE in a glass of water or favorite juice, first thing in the morning (the body needs time to get used to it).
- Week 2, 3, and 4: 1 tablespoon of DE in a glass of water, again, first thing in the morning.
The following is only if you wish to do a full detox or have a parasitic infection
- For the next 3 months, take 2-3 tablespoons of DE every single day.
Note: drink a lot of water to help flush out toxic metals and dead parasites out of your system.
#2: External Use
Step 1: Mix diatomaceous earth and some water in a bowl (roughly 1 part DE to 3 parts water).
Step 2: Choose whether you prefer a mask or a facial scrub. If you want a mask, just add more of DE to the mixture. If you want a scrub, just add more water to dilute the solution even more.
Step 3: Whatever you have decided, spread the mixture across your forehead, your nose, your chin, and your cheeks.
Step 4: Leave it on your face for 2-5 minutes, allowing it to dry.
Step 5: Finally, thoroughly wash your face with some water and a wash cloth. And that’s it, my friend. You should be good to go now—your skin, delicately exfoliated by the sweet action of diatomaceous earth.
- Detox Cheap and Easy Without Fasting – Recipes Included
- Holistic Guide to Healing the Endocrine System and Balancing Our Hormones
- Gluten, Candida, Leaky Gut Syndrome, and Autoimmune Diseases
- Total Nutrition – Make your own Homemade Multivitamin and Mineral Formula
- How to Cure Lyme Disease, and Virtually Any Other Bacterial Infection, Naturally
- 5 Natural Pest Remedies for Your Garden
- Common Parasites and How to Kill Them
- 5 Benefits Of Diatomaceous Earth – Global Healing Center
- Diatomaceous Earth Human Use – Earthworkshealth
- Diatomaceous Earth FAQ – Earthworkshealth
- Diatomaceous Earth – Natural Facial Exfoliator
- Perma-guard Crawling Insect Control – Perma-Guard
- What is Diatomaceous Earth – Diatomaceous
- Diatomaceous Earth – Wikipedia
- Diatomaceous Earth – The Equine Nutrition Nerd
- How To Detox Parasites In Your Body With Diatomaceous Earth – Naturally Nicole